Our Law Practice
We are organized around the following 6 law practice areas, which operate in synergy with our Consultancy Unit, and we are duly qualified under the laws of Iraq to furnish legal opinions and expert testimony on local law and regulatory matters.
- Corporate, Commercial and Intellectual Property: All aspects of doing business in Iraq and of corporate activities under different Iraqi legal and regulatory regimes (including, Company Law, Banking Law, Investment Law, Insurance Law, and Capital Markets Law); Iraqi law compliant complex corporate structures; company incorporation, capitalization, registration, operational compliance and dissolution; mergers and acquisitions; business and commercial/contract law (including drafting all types of contracts and their negotiations); labor law and employment agreements; commercialization and privatization; commercial agencies and distributorships; joint ventures; sales, supply and services; leasing; licensing and franchising; patents, copyrights and trademarks; intellectual property infringements; and environmental law (including, impact assessments, actions plans and mitigation/remedial measures resolution).
- Foreign Investment and Trade: Investor legal due diligence; foreign investment license applications (central and provincial levels) and contractual preparation and negotiations; foreign military sales (FMS-Iraq) and related offset programs; export/import transactions; free trade and industrial zones; energy/power; mining; oil and gas; natural resources; renewable energy; maritime, ports and shipping; airports and aviation; vehicle assembly, manufacturing and sales; railways and roadways; telecommunications and media; pharmaceuticals; foodstuffs and commodities; housing; construction and building materials; tourism; hotels; employment, labor, visas and immigration (expatriates and Iraqis with the assistance of foreign counsel); and real estate ownership and leasing.
- Project Finance and Public-Private Partnerships (PPP): Project due diligence; special project vehicles (SPV); infrastructure project development and financing (structured and project finance); venture capital; private equity; real estate and construction; concessions, leases, and guarantees; and public-private partnerships (BOT, BOO, BOOT, DBF, DBFO, DBFOM, DCMF, DBOM, and DCMF).
- Banking, Securities and Insurance: Banking and finance; Islamic banking and bonds (Sukuk); letters of credit; trade financing; bank registrations, capitalization and operational compliance; capital markets (including issuance, purchase and sale of stocks and bonds); securities law registrations and transactions; investment funds; and insurance.
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution: Administrative law and procedure; administrative, civil, commercial, criminal and regulatory litigation (before local courts and Iraqi administrative authorities/tribunals); construction litigation; corporate dissolution; insolvency; tax, accounting and auditing disputes; intellectual, personal real property rights adjudication; commercial arbitration; and dispute avoidance/amicable settlements (mediation and arbitration).
- Taxation: Iraqi law compliant complex taxation structures; individual and corporate taxation; corporate, payroll and social security taxes; accounting, bookkeeping and payroll compliance; and internal audit and payroll due diligence and investigations.